On top of Invicta 18 this weekend we have UFC 201! I love fight weeks… The weigh-ins for UFC 201 was held this morning…
In the main event, we have an intriguing title bout between “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler and “The Chosen One” Tyron Woodley. Both men made weight and will go ahead with their fight. Fans of Robbie Lawler will be hoping for another war.
In the co-main “Thug” Rose Namajunas, fresh off her defeats of Paige vanZant and Tecia Torres, will face off against undefeated Karolina Kowalkiewicz.
Before taking this fight, Kowalkiewicz defeated Heather Jo Clark in a thrilling back and forth fight… Surely the winner of this bout is destined for a shot at Joanna Jedrzejczyk next?
Unfortunately Justin Scoggins didn’t make weight. Earlier in the day he informed the UFC that there were complications with his weight cutting. As a result fans of “Uncle Creepy” Ian McCall will be left frustrated waiting for his return. McCall will be an alternative if any of the other Flyweight’s are unable to make it to the cage.
The weigh-in results are as follows…
- Tyron Woodley 170lbs vs Robbie Lawler 170lbs
- Rose Namajunas 116lbs vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz 114.5lbs
- Matt Brown 171lbs vs Jake Ellenberger 170lbs
- Francisco Rivera 135.5lbs vs Erik Perez 135lbs
- Nikita Krylov 206lbs vs Ed Herman 205.5lbs
- Jorge Masvidal 171lbs vs Ross Pearson 170lbs
- Wilson Reis 126lbs vs Hector Sandoval 126lbs
- Freddy Serrano 126lbs vs Ryan Benoit 126lbs
- Michael Graves 170.5lbs vs Bojan Velickovic 170.5lbs
- Damian Grabowski 256lbs vs Anthony Hamilton 258.5lbs
- Cesar Arzamendia 155lbs vs Damien Brown 155.5lbs
- Ian McCall 126lbs
UFC 201 will take place tomorrow night live from the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Fight Pass Prelims will of course be on Fight Pass. These start at 6.30pm US Eastern Time. The remaining Prelims will be available on Fox Sports 2 in the US or BT Sports in the UK.
The main card kicks off at 10pm ET, this is exclusive to Pay-Per-View in the States. For us lucky UK soles, we can view it directly after the Prelims on BT Sports.