The Invicta 18 weigh-ins went down yesterday…
In the co-main weigh-in Christine “Knuckles” Stanley (5-1) and her undefeated (7-0) opponent Agnieszka “Kuma” Niedwiedz (check out our interview here – she had some interesting thoughts on her opponent) got quite intense. They went forehead to forehead and had to be separated by Invicta President, Shannon Knapp.
Unfortunately two fighters missed weight and have been fined 25% of their fight purse. The fighters are Aspen Ladd and Christine Stanley. Both fighters elected not to cut the additional weight.
On an additional note, it is important to note that Stanley was a short notice replacement, taking the fight on three days notice.
Both competitors in the main event, undefeated Mexican phenom, Alexa Grasso (7-0) and Jodie Esqiubel (5-1), made weight.
- Alexa Grasso 115.4lbs vs Jodie Esqiubel 115.8lbs
- Agnieszka Niedwiedz 125.9lbs vs Christine Stanley 128.6lbs
- Lynn Alvarez 114.8lbs vs Mizuki Inoue 115.1lbs
- Cindy Dandois 135.4lbs vs Jessamyn Duke 135.9lbs
- Megan Anderson 146lbs vs Peggy Morgan 144.6lbs
- Tesla Rose Simpson 106lbs vs Simona Soukupova 105.6lbs
- Jessica Hoy 135lbs vs Aspen Ladd 138.1lbs
- Sijara Eubanks 135lbs vs Amberlynn Orr 135.2lbs
Invicta 18 takes place tonight from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City in the US. To watch all the action unfold live tune into UFC Fight Pass at 8pm US Eastern Time or for UK fans 1am Saturday morning in GMT.
Alternatively the event will be available to replay on Fight Pass afterwards.